The RESA® Best Rising Star Home Stager of the Year™ is a professional home stager who has been in business for less than two years (as of January 2017) and who demonstrates professionalism and excellence in staging. NOTE: Member must be a business owner and not an employee, independent contractor, or helper of another home staging company. The RESA® Best Rising Star Home Stager of the Year™ award is an individual award. In other words, team/company submissions are not allowed (See Home Staging Team of the Year Award). All RESA members are eligible for this category.
Members will submit three sets of Vacant Before and After photos. Those submissions will be previewed by a group of RESA® members who are seasoned professional stagers. Judges will vote on each entry to determine whether they will move forward to the next step, which is voting on by the RESA® membership. Members will vote on entries using a scale from 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) to determine the Top 10 Finalists for RESA® Best Rising Star Home Stager of the Year™. The submission with the highest overall score will become the overall winner of the RESA® Best Rising Home Stager of the Year™.
Entry Fee: $50.00
- Last year’s winner is not eligible to submit in the same category.
- Last year’s finalists/regional/top ten winners are eligible.
- You may not enter more than once in each category.
- This is a self-submitting category for current RESA® members who live in North America.
- This category is for vacant stagings only.
- Members must maintain their membership throughout the 2017 year.
- Members with ethics complaints or disciplinary actions in the last two years are not eligible.
- Submissions must be of an actual client staging and not an example of work done in the stagers own home or property.
- Submissions need to represent the work of the individual stager. Employees and/or independent contractors may have assisted in the process; however, the individual stager needs to have taken the lead on the staging.
- RESA® Best Rising Star Home Stager of the Year™ award is an individual award. In other words, team/company submissions are not allowed. See Home Staging Team of the Year Award.
- The before photo should be a photo of an empty (vacant) room.
- Submissions will be judged on the following:
- The photo quality (clarity of the photo, proper lighting, was the same camera angle used for the Before photo as the After photo)?
- Does the staging highlight the focal point or architectural feature of the space?
- Is the furniture layout done properly?
- Is the proper scale of furnishings used in this space?
- Is the color palette well balanced and appropriate?
- Photo submission -photos should be 1,000 pixels wide tip: before and after photo should be as close to the same size as possible.
- During the voting process, submissions are anonymous. You may market your status after the top ten is announced. If applicants are discovered soliciting votes from any other RESA® members/judges, they will be automatically disqualified.
- Any photos submitted in previous RESA® competitions are not allowed.
- Any applicants discovered breaking any of the rules will be disqualified.
Applicants will submit:
- Three (3) sets of vacant Before and After photos containing your best staging examples completed during the last 12 months. Photos will be unbranded. No company watermarks or photographer watermarks, or information as to your identity or geographic location will be allowed.
- Each Before and After photo set must represent the same room. You may submit one set of photos from one property and another set from a second property, or both sets may be from one property but of two different rooms that do not overlap in the photos.
Photo editing allowed:
- Certain photo editing techniques may be used to enhance the photo; for example: photo frames, color enhancement and drop shadows are allowed.
- Eliminating lamp cords with photo editing is allowed.
Photo editing not allowed:
- Altering the view from windows is not allowed.
- Removing walls is not allowed.
- Watermarks of any kind are not allowed.
- During the photo editing process, you may not add accessories, light fixtures, change wall colors, add furniture, etc.
Virtually staged photos:
- Virtually staged photos are not allowed.
- Virtually edited photos are not allowed. You may not add accessories, light fixtures, change wall colors, add furniture, etc.
- Criteria submitted.
- Quality of submission. Rated on a scale from 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest).
- The Top 10 submissions with the highest scores will become the finalists. You will be allowed to market your finalist status.
- The finalist with the highest score will become the overall winner. In the event of a tie, the judges will vote again on the tied finalists.