RESA® will be recognizing 10 top redesigns in North America and 1 overall best redesign. The finalists will become RESA’s Top Redesigner™. A redesign project is for client who is NOT selling their home. All RESA members are eligible for this category.
Entry Fee: $50.00
- This is a self-submitting category for current RESA® members.
- Members must maintain their membership through the 2017 year.
- Last year’s finalists/regional/top ten winners are eligible.
- You may not enter more than once in each category.
- Given this is a self-submitting category, applicants will not be allowed to market their submission as this portion of the process is anonymous.
- Members with ethics complaints or disciplinary actions in the last two years are not eligible.
- Submissions must be of an actual client redesign and not an example of work done in the member’s own home or property.
- RESA® Best Redesigner™ is either an individual professional home stager/redesigner or, two or more stagers/redesigners operating under one company name. The submission is based on a redesign example completed in the last 12 months. A redesign project is for client who is NOT selling their home.
- The redesign may include the homeowners’ existing or new furniture.
- The before photo should show the room with the homeowner’s existing furniture.
- Submissions will be judged on the following:
- The photo quality (clarity of the photo, proper lighting, was the same camera angle used for the Before photo as the After photo)?
- Does the redesign highlight the focal point or architectural feature of the space?
- Is the furniture layout done properly?
- Is the proper scale of furnishings used in this space?
- Is the color palette well balanced and appropriate?
- Renovations are not allowed.
- Paint changes are allowed.
- Projects of kitchens and bathrooms are not allowed.
- $500.00 limit on purchased items for the project.
- Photo submission – photos should be 1,000 pixels wide tip: before and after photo should be as close to the same size as possible.
- During the voting process, submissions are anonymous. You market your status after the top ten is announced. If applicants are discovered soliciting votes from any RESA® members/judges, they will be automatically disqualified.
- Any photos submitted in previous RESA® competitions are not allowed.
- Any applicants discovered breaking any of the rules will be disqualified.
Applicants will submit:
- Three (3) Before and After photos containing your best Redesign examples completed during the last 12 months. Photos will be unbranded. No company watermarks or photographer watermarks or information as to your identity or geographic location will be allowed.
- Each Before and After photo must represent the same room. You may submit one set of photos from one property and another set from a second property, or both sets may be from one property but of two different rooms that do not overlap in the photos.
Photo editing allowed:
- Photo editing techniques may be used to enhance the photo. Example: photo frames, color enhancement and drop shadows are allowed.
- Eliminating lamp cords with photo editing is allowed.
Photo editing not allowed:
- Altering the view from windows is not allowed.
- Removing walls is not allowed.
- No Watermarks of any kind are allowed.
- In the photo editing, you may not add accessories, light fixtures, change wall colors, add furniture, etc.
Virtually staged photos:
- Virtually staged photos are not allowed.
- Virtually edited photos are not allowed. You may not add accessories, light fixtures, change wall colors, add furniture, etc.
- Criteria submitted.
- Quality of redesign. Rated on a scale from 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest).
- The Top 10 submissions with the highest scores will become the finalists. You will be allowed to market your finalist status.
- The finalist with the highest score will become the overall winner. In the event of a tie, the judges will vote again on the tied finalists.